How Holistic Counselling can assist you or your clients
Holistic counselling offers an alternative form of therapy for both you and your clients. By gaining an understanding in what therapies you can best offer your client you can help use holistic counselling to offer some of the following benefits.
- Gain more self awareness and self acceptance.
- Offers a more centred and peaceful approach to life in general.
- Options to gain more vitality and balance.
- Emotional well being.
- A deepened sense of spirituality.
- Can help in offering a greater ability to cope with traumas such as divorce, death, upsets, illness
- Offers the person receiving the counselling to gain a feeling of optimism and better self esteem.
Using a Life Wheel
The Life Wheel is labelled with eight areas of life. You can use these labels or, if there is a specific area of your life you would like to examine, just substitute a category. You can draw a large circle and insert the categories inside or just make notes.
The general categories are:
- Fun - Happiness, Hobbies
- Relationship - Current or future Life Partner
- Career - Job satisfaction, Career path
- Family - Children, Parents, Relatives
- Social - Friends, Sport, Activities
- Health - Exercise, Diet
- Financial - Savings, Investments
- Creative - Self-space, Spiritual, Sport, Artistic
Once you have drawn and labelled your Life Wheel you can then proceed to do the following:-
1. Assign a number from 1 to 10 next to each category.
- Write 1 if you are unsatisfied in this area and up to 10 if you are totally satisfied.
2. Look at your scores.
- What are the two lowest scores?
- Choose the two areas you would most like to move forward?
3. How would you feel if you could significantly move forward in these 2 areas?
4. What actions can you take to start moving forward in these areas?
5. Get busy!
CASE STUDY EXAMPLES: FOR EXAMPLES OF SOME OTHER STUDENT CASE STUDIES PLEASE CLICK HERE;